Re: Paint Removal - Epilogue

To: Chris Delling <saschris@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Paint Removal - Epilogue
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 15:53:17 -0400
Chris Delling wrote:
> Couldn't tell me anything about the paint, or how to remove, but
> offered to allow me to submit a claim for damages.

 Those claims are usually fairly easy to put through, if you
are so inclined.

> Here in Michigan, the paint used on the roads is a very high solids content.
> Seems like they add some particulate to the paint, which adds a nearly
> abrasive quality to the paint.

  Well, I have been accused of being a fountain of useless knowledge...
BUT!

  The solid paint gives it a texture that makes it easier to see from
oblique angles. It's a fairly oblique angle that you see road lines
from sitting in a car going down the road.

  The texture allows it to reflect light at a wide angle, so it
doesn't seem dull unless you are right on top of it.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada