Re:alcohol

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re:alcohol
From: Aron Travis <atravis@spacey.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 1997 13:39:58 -0700
mil76@juno.com wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Jul 1997 14:31:39 -0700 Aron Travis <atravis@spacey.net>
> writes:
>
> >Where can you get it? Some farm/fuel supply depots, Abner's still,
> >race
> >tracks, etc..
>
> I can just visualize all of the bums lined up at the gas stations
> offering to pump your alcohol for you, and only asking that they can fill
> up their thermos when your tank is full in return.

I actually thought about this too, and it is a real problem. When
my wife worked at a VA hospital, some of the hard core alcoholics would
drink anything with alcohol in it. Like colone, cleaning agents, and
one was even caught trying engine coolant. Sad but true.
I imagine something could be added to the alcohol, syrup of ipecac or
whatever to make it an unpleasent experience.
But, philosophically, if people want a high, they'll find it. Take
paint huffers for example, any paint or solvent or whatever does the
trick for them, all easily available.
So, it could be a real problem, but I think it's easily over come too.
But, it would give a saturday nite cruise a different twist.;o)
Or 'Drinking and Driving'..........

-Aron-
"in a frenzy"