I think it was preordained....

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: I think it was preordained....
From: barneymg@juno.com (Barney Gaylord)
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 1997 00:19:58 EDT
Short, sweet and true story.

My first car was a '56 MGA at my age of 20 in 1968.  It was wrecked after
only two months in an accident caused by some drunk making a left turn in
front of me.

My replacement car was a '58 MGA.  It was wrecked six months later by a
little old lady with a big Mercury who went to sleep driving and hit the
MG while it was parked.

My next replacement car was a '57 MGA.  By then the guy behind the parts
counter at the MG dealer was getting to know me pretty well.  He said,
"Barney, I swear, when you're 30 you'll still be driving an MG".

Little did he know.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude