ENOUGH ALREADY

To: MLishego@aol.com
Subject: ENOUGH ALREADY
From: rfeibusch@loop.com (Rick Feibusch)
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 16:49:09 -0700 (PDT)
Mike Lishego writes:

In a message dated 97-07-31 18:55:10 EDT, tyson@www.sensable.com writes:

> You guys are so far off on a tangent that I fear there will be no coming back.

I agree.  Everyone needs to go back to their seats so we can continue with
class.  For those of you who started this fight (and you know who you are), I
expect each of you to convert a car from positive to negative ground and give
a report to the class tomorrow morning.  Now children, if you'll get out your
English books...
8-)

Lighten up!

~Mike Lishego

Dear Mike,

Since I've converted all of my British cars to negative ground, I took your
advise and at least did SOMETHING automotive this weekend. I've collected a
number of period accessories for my Morris Minors and thought that I should
install a few on my '59 convertible as a punishment for leading the list
down the yellow brick road of dispair. The first goodie that I put on my
ragtop was a Bermuda Carriage Bell!  Any of you old timers remember those?
Ding-dong! My buddy found this one brand new in the box at a garage sale in
Santa Monica. It is a twin-tone bell with a mechanical clapper inside. It
mounts under the floor and is actuated by a large metal plunger that slides
into a hole in the top of the unit from inside of the car. It only has to
be depressed slightly so it can be hidden under the carpet. Tres cool! It
is driving my wife crazy. Even cooler. The other item had to be installed
over at Washington Muffler in Culver City. It is an original Peco exhaust
tip from Liverpool in the mid-Fifties. My friend Peter Petrov at Peter's
Marina Motors in Venice < www.englishcars.com > had one in Morris/Sprite
size on an old counter display. The unit, designed to use with a straight
through silencer (glasspak), is basically a twin-tipped empty metal can
that attatches to the stock tailpipe. It also has a sort of inverted cone
shaped inlet at the front next to the single inlet pipe. I don't really
understand how or why it works but it changed the "blatty" unpleasant
glasspak tone to a deep burble and the whole thing at least seems quieter
without sounding like a new Toyota Shushmobile. So now I'm ding-donging and
burbling the concerned citizens of The Beautiful Peoples Republic of Santa
Monica instead of spreading disatisfaction on the list. I wonder what THEY
will make me do for a punishment! See you on the Funway! - Rick (the mixer)
Feibusch - Venice, CA