Re: More an the weber situation

To: MLishego@aol.com
Subject: Re: More an the weber situation
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 1997 10:43:28 +0100
MLishego@aol.com wrote:

> I went back out to the garage, and began to play with the idle and mixture
> screws on the weber carb.  I got the car to idle very nicely at 900 or so,
> but still no luck with it's burp (backfire).  Then it hit me (no, not the
> trouble light).  My air pump was still pumping air into the combustion
> chamber.

Ah, nope, the air pump pushes air into the exhaust port. It does not
afect the combustion chamber.

As for the Weber, I'd check your float level very carefully and then
I would trace the accelerator pump circuit. I would guess the latter
is not working properly. When you twist the throttle plate, you should
be able to see gas squirt into the manifold. And in a hot engine,
a gas fog should be noticeable.

Time to look over the carb schematic!

Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)