Re: MGB TwinCam?

To: Two00mph@aol.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGB TwinCam?
From: "Jerry Causey" <reecau@whidbey.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 21:04:33 +0800
> Hmmm...  is there any interest in a kit that would adapt the popular and
> plentiful Toyota 1600 twin cam and 5 speed or the Mazda 1600 and 5 speed to
> the MGB?
> I'm sure we could also cast new "MG" valve covers, and probably even engineer
> in an oil leak or two to make it more "british".
>
> Seriously, I've been considering repowering a B with a more contemporary
> (powerful/efficient) four cylinder....  any interest, any preferences?

Mike:
How about something a bit brawnier, such as an Oldsmobile Quad 4 driving a T5
(or whatever the recent GM 5-speeds are called)? Anything worth doing is worth
over-doing!
Regards,
Jerry Causey - 1967 MGB GT
Whidbey Island, Washington, embraced by the Puget Sound
(fairly close to Seattle, and the rest of the USA)