Re: Carb Woes

To: "Nolan, Michael F." <MICHAEL_NOLAN@CUUSA.COM>,
Subject: Re: Carb Woes
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 97 09:20:04 -0400
>I'm new to the list and new to LBCs so take it easy on me if its been on
>the list b4.  I picked up
>a 78 Midget last week with 23k on the clock (documented).  It's a fun
>little car and I can see how people
>get addicted to these things( 1 warning from the wife already).  Found a
>mechanic in my area who only
>works on MGs.  It seemed to be running rich so I pulled a couple of
>plugs (black & sooty).  He said to
>trash the Zenith and go with a Weber.  Can someone tell me their
>experiences and or what's involved
>in the conversion :????   Gotta get my Christmas list going !!!
>
>TIA
>Mike
I recently put a DGV 32/36 on my 78 Midget and am currently getting about
28-32 mpg. It has a lot more power than the Z-S. and was fairly straight
forward to put on. I have headers tho. There is a recomendation in the
lit that the stock exhaust manifold may not clear the new intake. Pierce
Manifold packages the set up but you can get one from several sources.
Ran great on the run to NC and back.

Larry Macy
78 Midget