The Bobsled Rides again! Re: Midget Runs, then dies

To: Nory <Nory@webtv.net>
Subject: The Bobsled Rides again! Re: Midget Runs, then dies
From: "David E. Brown" <debrown@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 02:40:45 +0000
Thanks Nory,

As you, and many helpful others! suspected, it was indeed in the
resistance wire circut where the problem was found. Very simply, there
was an open where the wlg wire to the coil was spliced to the resistance
wire. Why this splice is all the way in the front of the car, near the
horns, I do not know. and I spent some time in tracing it there.  One of
the other complications to this problem was that I was looking at the
improper wiring diagram in my haynes manual.  My 77 Midget 1500 seems to
correspond most closely to the 78-up California in that book.

Thanks again to all who sent many helpful replies! I printed each of
them off and took them into the garage with me.

Yours,
Dave
77 Midget 1500, back on the road