V8 MGA

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: V8 MGA
From: Ain Vale <ainv@rainbow.burnside.powells.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 18:42:59 -0700 (PDT)
MGers--

You may recall my post a week ago about a sad little MGA that had been
butchered to take an American V8.  Well, after a few days I came to my
senses and decided not to buy it. This should both please and chagrin the
MG purists among us, as I had been planning to fit it with MGB
mechanicals.

Life is funny.  Just yesterday I saw an ad for a B that would've
been the perfect donor car for the A project.  Big deal, you say, those
runs-well-needs-paint cars come up all the time, and you are right.  But
then today came across an original factory manual for the MGA.  What
wicked irony!  I felt a little pang-- "it's not too late," I thought.  But
it is too late, I bought another car in the MG's stead.  Guess I'll have
to content myself looking through the book. >sigh<

Then again, MGs don't take up a lot of space, and maybe if I could get the
price a little lower....

Ain