Re: Rubber bumper midget questions

To: DMC12 <DMC12@prodigy.net>, "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Rubber bumper midget questions
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 23:09:54 -0400
DMC12 wrote:
> I have a '78 midget and I need some help.
> 1) I want to convert to wire wheels from rostyles
> Will I encounter any wheel clearance problems by doing this?

  Not if you replace all the parts with the originals. The
easiest thing to do is to get a whole wire wheeled car
and swap away.

  IMNSHO wire wheels on a Midget? Not on my Midget. The look
is wrong, and if you drive a Midget the way you are supposed
to drive a Midget... well... you don't want wire wheels. ;>

> 2) I want to lower my car down to the height of the chrome bumper cars
> Has anyone done this, and if so, what is the best way to go about it?

  Measure. Time and metal being what it is, you might find
yourself already there.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada