Re: Water Pump Woes

To: "Thomas James Pokrefke, III" <pokrefke@ocean.st.usm.edu>
Subject: Re: Water Pump Woes
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 08:34:16 -0500
Thomas James Pokrefke, III wrote:

> I finally got my water pump (via the USPS) today.  The water pump that
> was on the car measured 3" from the mounting surface to the pulley disc.
> The pump VB sent measures 4".  I remember this happening the last time
> I got a water pump locally.

Someone else said it, too, but I'll reiterate. Try to find a rebuilder of water
pumps and just have your old one redone. This is especially true if you have one
of the old cast-iron water pumps as they have more originality.

In the Kansas City area, I use

MO-KAN Automotive Electric
565 S. 4th, KC KS, (913) 281-5492

They've done the water pump on the 'C' a couple of times. They have probably
done a few mail-order jobs in their time, too. They also will rebuild your
alternator but a better outfit for that is

Hunt Electric
514 Southwest Blvd, KC MO, (816) 842-5661

--
Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)
"Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'.... until you can find a rock."