Re: Hot Hot Hot]

To: car@texas.net
Subject: Re: Hot Hot Hot]
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 13:09:35 EDT
On Tue, 12 Aug 1997 08:57:10 -0500 Carol <car@texas.net> writes:
>Hmmmm....
>
>With all the conversations about heat in the foot wells, I'm wondering
>if
>I'm just blessed...
>
>If so, by golly I DRIVE an MGA!!  I want it to ACT like an MGA!  If
>the
>foot well's not hot enough, I would like for someone to point me in the
>direction of what I should do to make it hotter. Who sells the cool
>air
>extractors to accomplish this task?? How much? Best/fastest shipping
>method??
>
>Seriously, I wonder why Darlin' doesn't have the heat problem. I'm in
>San
>Antonio -- not exactly cold right now. I have been driving during the
>day
>and haven't had a problem with heat. I do leave the heater fan
>blowing, but
>have the heater disconnected, although not exactly on purpose. The
>footwell
>has remained comfortable. The engine temperature only climbs when I'm
>driving 75+ (not often) and the footwell temp remains comfortable even
>then. About half of the driving I have done in the last 2+ weeks has
>been
>on the highway, half in town, but not in dense traffic.
>
>I've followed the thread on heat and it looks like some folks are
>really
>having a problem. I had pretty much decided that the problem was
>experienced by MGB's and not so much MGA's. Now I read different.
>
>What am I doing right, or wrong??
>
>Carol

 Carol,
  If you find out what it is, please let me know.  I drive a BGT and I'm
beginning to wonder if I have a serious problem.
  Ya' see, everyone is talking about the overheating problem with their
B's and I'm running around here in 92-98 degree temps with a (reasonably)
accurate temp gauge which never gets past about 170.  My foot well
doesn't get too hot, the air circulation through the vents is adequate,
and I don't get uncomfortable after 2 hours of driving.
  Have I offended some of the LBC gods? Is this situation not correct?

Inquiring minds want to know
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget