Book recommendations?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Book recommendations?
From: Skye Poier <skye@vader.direct.ca>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 13:47:30 -0700 (PDT)
Hello!

I've been bitten hard by the MGBug, and consequently I'm going to be
purchacing my first in a few months.  I'm currently planning on buying a
'74 MGB roadster... if thats a bad choice, someone please set me straight.

Anyway, in anticipation of the big day, I've been rooting around looking
for good reference books.  Here's what Amazon.com has to offer:

Complete Official Mgb Model Years 1962-1974 Compri ~
Ships in 2-3 days
British Leyland Motors / Paperback / Published 1975

Mgb Automotive Repair Manual : All Models of the Mgb Roadster and
Gt Coupe With 1798 Cc (110 Cu in Engine)
John Fowler, J. Haynes / Paperback / Published 1991
Our Price: $13.56 ~ You Save: $3.39 (20%)

Mgb Owner's Survival Manual ~ Usually ships in 24 hours
Jim Tyler / Hardcover / Published 1995
Our Price: $13.97 ~ You Save: $5.98 (30%)

Mgb : The Illustrated History ~ Usually ships in 24 hours
Jonathan Wood, Lionel Burrell / Hardcover / Published 1994
Our Price: $38.95

The book of the MGA, MGB and Magnette: covering the MGA 1500,
MGA 1600 Marks I and II, MGB and MGB GT, MG Magnette Marks
III and IV
William Norman Staton-Bevan
(Hard to Find)

The complete official MGB Comprising the official Driver's handbook,
Workshop manual, [and] Special tuning manual
(Hard to Find)

The complete official MGB, model years 1962-1973 Comprising the
official Driver's handbook, Workshop manual [and] Special tuning
manual
(Hard to Find)

Mga and Mgb, 1956-1980 Shop Manual
Alan. Ahlstrand / Published 1983
(Hard to Find)

MGA-MGB service-repair handbook, all models, 1955-1976
Alan Ahlstrand
(Hard to Find)

Mgb
Published 1988
(Hard to Find)

MGB & MGB/GT, range: 1964-1972; workshop maintenance & repair
manual
(Hard to Find)

Mgb : Mgb Roadster and Gt; Mgc; Mgb V Eight
F. Wilson McComb / Published 1983
(Hard to Find)

I figure the Haynes manual is pretty much a given... I'm not the most
experienced mechanic (but I expect to be after having my B for a while),
so if there are any real must-haves, let me know.  The 'Owners Survival
Manual' looks enticing...

Thanks!!
Skye