Leaf Springs and Steering Geometry?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Leaf Springs and Steering Geometry?
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 22:58:20 +0000
Can changing the rear leaf springs on a 'B' change the front-end
geometry?
        Here's how it happened.  Last week, I replaced the A-arms on the
left side (Ran out of time before doing the right side.)  The holes
were pretty ovaled out, and replacing the arms did wonders in
reducing my 65 mph shimmy.
        Then a few days ago, I replaced the sagging rear leaf springs with
the seven-leaf units.  Everything was well until I drove the car and
realized that most of the shimmy had come back.  In addition, the
steering wheel is now cocked about fifteen degrees to the left when
the car is traveling straight forward.  The car doesn't pull to
either side, and didn't pull prior to the control-arm swap, but this
has me puzzled.  Could changing the rear leaf springs have affected
the front end this way?  I'm going to put on the new right-side
control arms tomorrow and see what that does, as well as check to see
if anything loosened up on the left side, but I'd like to have some
idea of things to check prior to getting started.
        Could I have mis-installed the leaf springs?  There doesn't seem to
be any adjustable parts back there, and everything lined up and
bolted up pretty well.
Scott Gardner