Re: HOT HOT HOT and Question

To: "Nolan, Michael F." <MICHAEL_NOLAN@CUUSA.COM>,
Subject: Re: HOT HOT HOT and Question
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 97 10:20:25 -0400
>First,  I 'd like to thank everyone on my hot footwell replies in my
>Midget.  After
>further investigation,  there are some grommets missing.  But, after
>lookin around(and listening),
>there is a hole in my exhaust right under my feet/seat.  Does anyone
>have any suggestions on
>muffler / pipe setups (don't want stock, like a throaty sound).  Is it
>best to buy a setup
>or is it possible to go to my custom exhaust place and have it done
>(he's cheap). Do
>I need any particular kind of muffler or can I just use a freeflow of
>any type??
>It's a 78 with the Zenith.
>
>Thanks
>Mike
Several years ago, when I put the headers on the 78 Midget, I took it to
a local shop and had the rest of the exhaust fabricated for about $70. It
is still on the car. I had him put a resonator and a muffler (like the
original) in the back but it sounds better than the original by a long
shot.
Go see your local shop.

Larry Macy
78 Midget