RE: MGA, thanks and questions

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: MGA, thanks and questions
From: patti morris <mgj2@globaldialog.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 18:14:09 -0500

----------
From:   RCR293@aol.com[SMTP:RCR293@aol.com]
Sent:   Wednesday, August 13, 1997 5:17 PM
To:     mgs@autox.team.net
Subject:        MGA, thanks and questions

Hi Rob,

The fender piping was always made of PVC and was a grey color as was the =
piping around the grill and under the tail lamp plinths on the 1600.

Have only used POR15 silver exhaust paint. This has worked out fine but =
doesn't flow out when you bruch it on so has brush strokes showing in =
the dry paint. I suppose it could be sprayed to eliminate this.

The fenders should be removed for painting. I had trouble fitting mine =
so I ended up painting color inside the fender areas and along the edges =
where the piping would be then assembled the car once dry. The piping =
was taped off and the car sprayed overall. I don't think I could have =
done all the painting first then sucessfully assembled the fenders onto =
the car without damage. Maybe if you have a lot of helpers to hold the =
fender in alignment while you tighten the bolts you could do this.

The floors are pretty easy. I used 1/2" plywood. You will end up =
drilling out the screws which is a drag. I managed to drill through the =
fuel line that runs along the outer edge of the floor on the right hand =
side..so watch out for that.

Hope this helps.

John

  Hello all,

  First thanks to everyone who helped with my first questions.  Sorry I
didn't respond to everyone, but we just got a new computer and =
everything got
lost in the move.  But, I now know what the knobs do.  Also I have now =
spent
some time with the A and have more questions.

  First, what color are the gaskets between the fenders and the body =
supposed
to be?

  Has anyone used the POR-15 and is it as good as it claims?

  Are the fenders painted seperate from the body and then assembled?

  How hard is it to replace the wooden floor boards?

  Thanks in advance

  Rob in South Carolina