A few more days in the life -Reply

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil
Subject: A few more days in the life -Reply
From: Matt Kulka <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 15:52:03 -0400

>>> Todd Mullins <todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil> 08/15/97 12:57pm >>>
...with the spare 18V
slated for a rebuild Real Soon Now (balancing, porting, 9.0:1 pistons
and a Piper 270 cam, since you asked)...

'74 MGB Tourer that needs bodywork, too

Heya Todd (or anyone else who cares to answer),

  My '74 looks like it's about to get the once over too - what with the
water leaking out the head seam and that rapping noise coming from the
oil pan.  I've heard a few good things about that Piper 270 cam, and was
considering throwing one in.  I don't intend to change the pistons like
you, but would the carb jets have to be changed to accomodate the cam?
If so, is this an easy "you need needle X and jet Y" or is it a
touchy-feely all-cars-react-a-little-differently sort of situation?

  (And for those who noticed, yes we did do the Charlotte/Chicago trip
last weekend - knocking oil pan and all.  Tennessee was pretty long,
having to go around the landslide on I-40 and the constuction on I-81,
but we had a great time.  The North Carolina mountains and the Kentucky
landscape are beautiful.  The exhaust pipe continued to pull loose of
the manifold, but it wasn't so bad that the floors heated up.  Next time
we'll allow more time and do it over a few days.  Either that or rebuild
the seats first.)

Thanks again,

Matt Kulka
'74 B - Not really a road warrior, more like a road delinquent.