Re: Door Problems, more leaky bodies.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net (mgs)
Subject: Re: Door Problems, more leaky bodies.
From: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 09:42:04 -0500 (CDT)
> On Sun, 17 Aug 1997, Chris Delling wrote:

> > I am trying to figure out if this is being caused by worn latches, or by
> > poor adjustment.

My bet's on adjustment.  I've gone through this myself.

> > I am willing to try adjustment, but would like any
> > suggestions that you all can offer, including how the hell to loosen the
> > damn phillips screws holding the latch mechanisim.

Arthur Pfenninger replies:

> Try a hand held impact wrench (the kind that Sears sells) to
> loosen the screws.

Additionally, if the "chuck" of your impact driver is removable and
driven by a 3/8" square drive, as mine (Auto Zone "Great Neck" cheapie)
is, you can mount the "chuck" on the end of a breaker bar and turn
stubborn screws that way.  Don't let it slip!

--

Todd Mullins
Todd.Mullins@nrlssc.navy.mil    On the lovely Mississippi (USA) Coast

'74 MGB Tourer that inspires tool purchases