Seat belt anchors.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Seat belt anchors.
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 21:16:00 +0000

> RAY WYGONIK writes:
>
> > 74 MGB --  There are two threaded holes on the rear deck (not the interior
>deck
> > with the battery access hatch) directly behind the cockpit.(maybe 1" back,
> > lined up with the seats)  They are approximately 1/2" in diameter.
> > What are they for?
>
> My '74 has these too.  One hole has a plastic plug which I can only
> assume is original.  The other has no plug.  I've never seen mention of
> this piece in any of the catalogs.  My best guess is that it's a
> possible mounting point for seatbelt anchors for non-USA markets.

Ray,
        My '72 has the threaded holes, as well, but no plastic plug.  One of
the two holes is empty, and the other has a large chromed bolt
screwed into it.  Actually, bolt isn't the right word, because the
"head" is domed and quite attractive.  I think this is what the seat
belts originally hooked over.  I've gone down to the junkyard to get
a matching bolt, but most of them are already taken.
Scott