Cowl Shake and Door Fit

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Cowl Shake and Door Fit
From: Chris Delling <saschris@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 19:16:52 -0400
THanks for the all the advice on removal of the door hinges/striker plate
screws.  The impact driver did the trick, once I found someone to sell ne a
really honkin sized screwdriver bit.  Upon removal of the driver side
interior door panel, I was dismayed to find that the inner door frame was
cracked rather significantly around the lower hinge mount.  Had that welded
up no problem.  Door is now remounted, and both sides have been adjusted,
resulting in much better door fit/closure.

We all know that roadsters are known for cowl shake.  Although B's are
better than most period cars, cowl shake is still significant.  After
realigning the doors, and properly adjusting the latch mechanisims, I swear
that the car seems quite a bit tighter.  Is this possible/likely, or am I
just kidding myself.  It didn't seem to me that the bodyshells torsional
rigidity would be influenced by poorly fit doors!

Regards,

Chris Delling