Overheating update

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Overheating update
From: "Thomas James Pokrefke, III" <pokrefke@ocean.st.usm.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 23:02:46 -0500
I *think* I have the problem fixed.  When my heater valve broke, I took
it apart and had a piece of metal welded over the open.  What I had was
an old water valve minus the valve.

I bolted it to the block and hooked the hose up to the intake of the
pump.  When the engine got hot, enough water took this easy route and
was continually re-circulated, never going to the radiator.

I think my problem is solved.  I'll know for sure tomorrow when the
temperature hits 95

Thomas James Pokrefke, III
1970 MGB
pokrefke@ocean.st.usm.edu