Re: Superchargers on sports cars?

To: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Superchargers on sports cars?
From: Jay Quinn <jpquinn@cyberramp.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 11:50:08 -0500
Yes, there are SC T-Birds.  I forget what year model range.  Old
Studebakers used to have them as well.  I'm sure theyre are others but the
list is short.

What land yachts could you be in refernce to that used SC's to boost power
from smaller blocks?

I think that SC are gaining in popularity as well, but in the electric
version.

They are as powerfull or more powerfull and less problematic than a
Turbo/Twin Turbo.  They can also munch a motor as fast as a tweeked out
twin turbo setup.
Turbos/Twin Turbos with Large Intercoolers, upgraded Chip sets, sprayers
wired in with the intercooler and digital boost controllers add $'s up real
fast and can become a lot more expensive for HP/$ when comparing to SC's.
I think that NO2 is also an attractive solution for cheap bolt on super HP.

--
Jay Quinn - Systems Engineer
jpquinn@cyberramp.net