Re: Castrol Super Clean

To: Scott Gardner <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Subject: Re: Castrol Super Clean
From: Mike Lewellen <mlewellen@fruit.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 07:45:50 -0500
--------------E2E56762EB52E893762382CF

I put 10 gallons of Castrol Super Clean in a parts cleaner with 5
gallons of water.   What an incredible job.  It took grease of like you
wouldn't believe, as you have attested.

I did make one mistake!   I took the store salesperson's advice!  He
told me if I diluted it, I would not need to wear gloves.  BIG MISTAKE.
Granted it wasn't diluted very much but every tender spot on my hand was
beet red when I finished cleaning my parts,  next the tingling, then the
pain.  I wear a ring on each hand and the skin which is normally under
each ring ( I didn't have the rings on) was gone.  Several bandaids,
neosporine ointment, and questions later, all is well.  I just put my
wedding ring back on after a month yesterday.

It was foolish on my part, AI know better.  It is an excelent product
but needs to be handled appropriately.  By the was it is environmentally
safe.

Mike Lewellen

Scott Gardner wrote:

> > >Has anyone tried Castrol SuperClean?  I was helping my Dad clean
> his
> > >Dodge this weekend and this stuff is powerful!  It cleaned the
> mildew
> > >from the paint, made the oil-soaked engine sparkle, and cleaned the
>
> > >tires w/o any scrubbing.
> > >
> > >Dad and I were gushing about how wonderful it was over breakfast.
> Mom
> > >was standing at the sink washing her 20-year old muffin pan and
> complaining
> > >about the accumulated grease.  I took it outside, sprayed it, and 5
>
> > >minutes later the pan was clean without any scrubbing.
> > >
> > >A worthy investment for anyone who owns a LBC.
> > >
> > >Thomas James Pokrefke, III
> >
> > Does the stuff stink (smell bad, not perform poorly)?  Is it
> petrolium based?
> > Is it safe for plastics?  Are there any more questions I could ask
> about it? :-)
> >
> > Thanks,

> I'm interested in this stuff, too.  How does it do as an engine
> cleaner?  I've been pretty satisfied with Gunk Engine Brite as far as
> getting off the crap, but it also strips the paint, and the paint it
> doesn't strip, it dulls.  I've pretty much resigned myself to Simple
> Green for the engine.  It's easier on paint, but not as vigilant
> with the grease.
> Scott

--------------E2E56762EB52E893762382CF

begin:          vcard