Re: MGB Body shell

To: macdoniels@HOPE.CIT.HOPE.EDU
Subject: Re: MGB Body shell
From: britcars@juno.com (Lawrence J Alexander)
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 16:41:22 EDT
On Fri, 22 Aug 1997 15:11:24 -0400 Joe MacDoniels
<macdoniels@HOPE.CIT.HOPE.EDU> writes:
>I have a friend looking for advice on the availability and source of a
>full
>body shell to which to complete with a 1964 B that has a body beyond
>repair.
>I notice that The Roadster Factory has a 68 + type shell for $4500.
>What
>else is possible?
>
>Joe MacDoniels
>77B--rusty but loved

Joe....not knowing what part of the country you are in, this may not be
practical, but we have access to a very restorable 65 MGB roadster. It
has really minimal rust in the lower rockers and, unusually, has never
been hit front or rear so it is very solid. The hood has dents , the
interior is shot, but the engine does run. It is a wirewheeled,
non-overdrive car (though we have an early overdrive gearbox that could
go with the car for an extra $450). Asking price is $1,500 as is. The car
is 35 miles east of Sacramento, in Northern California.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center
www.britcars.com