metallic rattle sound

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: metallic rattle sound
From: Alex Baroiant <abaroian@polymail.cpunix.calpoly.edu>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 12:28:29 -0700
         There is this peculiar metallec rattle sound that persists from
2700 to 3200 rpm in my '74 B.  It sounds like it is coming from behind the
dash, though when the hood is up it cannot be heard from the engine
compartment.  It shows-up in every gear, even in neutral,  going up or down
through the rpm range.  It is really annoying and I am concerned it may be
serious.  Does anyone have any idea what it could be?!!!

Alex Baroiant
abaroian@oboe.calpoly.edu
Cal Poly University
San Luis Obispo, CA