Side entry dist. cap

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Side entry dist. cap
From: rfeibusch@loop.com (Rick Feibusch)
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 17:09:57 -0700 (PDT)
Listers,
Adrian Jones asked about a "standard" style distributor cap for a 1275. All
of the '64-on Minors came factory fitted with one of these and I know the
local BAP/GEON store has them. I personally prefer the side entry version
as I think that they connect better. The store that I go to in LA is manned
by a crew of Mexican guys who are bilingual and have a number of quaint and
foreign expressions for all things automotive.  When I asked for a cap for
a Morris Minor, Juan says to me "do you want the "monkey face" or the
regular?" I said MONKEY FACE? He says, "sure look at it just like this" and
holds it sideways with the "nose" pointed down.

Na Na Na Na Na now all of you out there will have to go through life
calling the side entry cap a monkey face and have your friends think you're
nuts, like me!  Cheers - Rick Feibusch - Venice,CA