RE: steering wheel vibrates

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: steering wheel vibrates
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 09:38:00 -0700 (PDT)
You could have a worn suspension part ie. kingpins . The tires might need to
be rebalanced due to improper balance the first time. The tire could be out
of round but still be balanced on the machine or the belts could have
shifted. You could have a warped rotor which is draging a bit. I would check
your kingpins. With the front jacked in the air, pull and push on the bottom
of the tire and watch very carefully the area where the bottom of the swivel
arm assembly meets the base of the kingpin(this is the tube that the a-arms
are bolted through). If there is any play back and forth you have worn
kingpins. Another sign that you have worn kingpins is hearing a little klunk
as you turn the wheel when parking. This is the kingpin shifting from one
side of the swivel arm to the other when there is a lot of wear.

Chris Reichle