How much oil in carburetter dampers?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: How much oil in carburetter dampers?
From: bk996@freenet.carleton.ca (Eric R. Stephen)
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 11:27:36 -0400 (EDT)
***********************************
1960 MGA 1600
In going through my 3,000 mile service list I have come across the
following statement with respect to filling the Carb. dampers.  "Unscrew
the oil cap at the top of each suction chamber, pour in a small quantity
of thin engine oil and replace caps".  In peering down the "chamber", it
occured to me that there had to be a "normal" level that one could fill to
ie. with 1/4", 1/2" from the top, for instance.  Can anyone advise me on
what the correct level should be?  I'm using Penrite damper oil obtained
from Moss.

Regards,

--
         ' ' '          Great is the truth and mighty above all things;
      (  o   o )        It endureth and is always strong;