Re: Zappa/Deep Purple Trivia

To: KGROWLER@aol.com
Subject: Re: Zappa/Deep Purple Trivia
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 17:58:27 EDT
On Fri, 29 Aug 1997 00:03:51 -0400 (EDT) KGROWLER@aol.com writes:
 'Smoke on the Water' and Bowie's 'Ziggy Stardust' album were
>the major components of the soundtrack to the summer of 1973 when I was
17
>and wanted desparately to be driving an MGB rather than a '71 Plymouth
>Satellite wagon. When I finish my '73 BGT and put the first tape in, it
will
>probably
>be Side 1 of 'Machine Head' (the album Smoke on the Water was on)
>which leads off with 'Highway Star', which has made every road song tape
I've ever
>assembled.
>
>Kim Tonry
>Downers Grove, IL, USA

Undoubtedly this post will manage to offend the "anti Zappa et al" lobby
but I finished the interior of my GT about 2 months  ago complete with cd
player -
first two albums in - quadrophenia and ziggy stardust- theyre still
there....

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT