Re: Topics that are very interesting to some

To: Don Mathis <donmathis@lucent.com>
Subject: Re: Topics that are very interesting to some
From: Bob De Weese <bearlock@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 10:23:58 -0400
Don Mathis wrote:

> I guess I've been on this list for 4,5 years.  We did used to have a
> standard that we attempted to live up to.  The Rule was :  Any subject is
> valid provided that in some manner, although tiny and obtuse, it pertained
> to or could be connected to MGs.  Granted some of us REALLY stretched but it
> seemed to bring out a lot of creativity and was actually a lot of fun.
>
> For example; My 1961, red MGA is presently parked next to my '87 Burgundy
> J**p,whose tan pinstriping needs to be re-done.  Anybody know where I can
> find about 3/16" wide tan pinstriping tape for said vehicle? (Note:  I
> really am asking this question!!)  Perhaps if we reverted to some form of
> this type of listing, everyone would be pleased?
>
> Cheers-
>
> Don Mathis
>
> p.s.  I really do need the tape.  All I can find is any color BUT tan.
>Thanks-
>
> At 11:51 AM 8/29/97 -0400, you wrote:
> >Randy Rees (Volt Computer) wrote:
> >> Not to be the Microsoft advocate, but Microsoft Outlook even has a
> >> preview feature so I can read the first few lines without opening the
> >> message, Other programs may or will eventually have this also. Makes it
> >> real easy to whip through 50-80 messages and allows you to see that a
> >> thread you previously were not interested in has changed even though the
> >> subject line didn't.
> >
> >  I see all these little suggestions as the equivalent of
> >"oh no, don't bother fixing that oil seal, that takes too
> >long, I just stop at every street corner and throw in
> >another quart! I don't mind at all!".
> >
> >  There are ways to survive this list without fixing the
> >real problem, but the real solution would just be to
> >fix the damn problem.
> >
> >  Why should hundreds of listers have to download, preview,
> >and then delete stuff just because somebody had to get it
> >off their chest that Moby Grape was the first band they
> >listened to when they first got an 8 track player?
> >
> >--
> >Trevor Boicey
> >Ottawa, Canada
> >tboicey@brit.ca
> >http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/
> >

> Don Mathis,Ph.D.
> donmathis@lucent.com
> '61 MGA
> '37 Derby Bentley (B190KT)

Don,

There's an automotive paint (body & fender shop) supplier up the road
from me.  In the past, I've found stuff there that I couldn't find
anywhere else.  I'll give them a call for you, Monday.

One day while I was there, I heard Baby Snakes playing at the will-call
counter.  (Obligitory Frank Zappa content)   ;)

Bobby

--
                                       Bob De Weese
                             Certified Professional Locksmith

*  "The secret to effective communication is knowing what to say, *
*   how to say it, and whom to say it to."                        *