Long Island Centre did Lime Rock Park

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Long Island Centre did Lime Rock Park
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 21:32:54 -0500 (CDT)
Great romp today to catch the qualifing heats at the 17th annual Lime
Rock SCCA Vintage Races. Many tons of fun and an absolutely fanastic
array of vintage racing machines: Allards, Lotus Sevens, Bugattis,
Jaguar C type, Morgan three wheelers, TCs and Former Glory's MGB driven
(and owned) by Bob Kilpatrick just to name a few. The B faired very
well in a field of approx. 20 cars including several Porshes, Datsuns,
Lotuses and Minis. Was first for a little better than half of the 7 lap
run but dropped to third or fourth by the time the checkered flag was
out. This was only my second vintage racing event but I really enjoyed
it.

Had 4 Bs making the run up and back with our list's very own Rich Boris
occupping the shot gun position of John Morris's 79 B. Tried to catch
Mike Robson on the phone on the return trip, with no luck.

Next up is a Connecticut Triumph event in Manchester at Wickham Park on
Sept 14th  and the Baltimore club's, MGs on the Rocks in Bel Aire,
Maryland on Sept. 27th.

Got to sleep now hope all are enjoying the weekend as much as I am.

Safety Fast, David Deutsch

PS: as for junk mail I have not deleted so much unread stuff in each of
the last several days than I would normally in a weeks time. This is
driving season, I have no time for dead Rock Stars this time of year.