MGB V8 Values...(I'll tell you)

To: mikeoh@gte.net
Subject: MGB V8 Values...(I'll tell you)
From: Kai Radicke <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 1997 20:37:37 -0400
>The only "sin" here is calling that refugee-from-a-parts-yard you own,
>an MG!
>Instead of dumping on unknowns, and since you *are* such an expert maybe
>you can give poor Michael some real advice as to how much his V8
>conversion is worth. ;-)
>
>Michael Ohleger

Ok, Michael and Michael you got it.  Ian Penders EXCELLENT V8 conversion is
as quoted on this list selling for $20k....how ever you don't have Ian's
car, so you won't get this much.  Around here there is an MGB V8....1979 LE
conversion to V8 selling for $13,500.

The $13,500 dollars includes a basically original body, interior.  And then
a Buick 215, although it has a stock MGB exhaust...so you can get much more
power if you go with something better.  The body is 100% perfect, and I
know the body guy who did the work...and the quality is more than 100%
better than factory original condition.  The Interior is completely
immaculate...as is the paint, top, and all those little things.  The car
even has a set of Gas Struts on the hood so that it is easy to pop up.
Overall this car is a good buy...to bad the owner doesn't know wether to
sell it or not.  It also has a pretty decent sound system...but I can't
remember if it is CD or Tape.

I would say that for an MGB V8 Chrome Bumper...that is nicely modified to
with the functionality of a new Toyota...MAY be worth $14,000.  Yes Yes I
know the V8 owners on this list will claim their car are worth more, and
THIER cars are...but your normal nice run of the mill MGB V8 is worth about
that much.

Cheers,

KMR

Kai Radicke -- mowogmg@pil.net, 1966 MGB @ http://www.pil.net/~mowogmg
Dialogue Internet - Intelligent Internet Solutions (Net Khan)

IRC: irc.voicenet.com, #inet-access (my nick: ActiveX or KMR)