Re: Can't go over 2500 rpm

To: MG <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Can't go over 2500 rpm
From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 21:29:40 -0400
Hi Gang

Here is the latest installment.

Remember last time when Binky was disillusioned with both "SU Fuel Pump"
and "Hi Tech Electronic Fuel Pump" ?  Well, she done what most ladies of
her class do - she ate chocolate all day then went on a big spending spre=
e.
 Down to Carquest, in the big city:

New plugs.  Champion N9YC are now called Champion 300.  When asked why th=
name change, the nice man behind the counter said, in a rather pained
voice, "Well, don't you think 300 is easier to remember than N9YC".  Oh
shit yes, remembering N9YC was really killing my brain cells.

New Distributor Cap and Rotor.  Yes, the cap from a 1972 MGB does fit a
1275 Midget.  It's a tighter fit under the hood but it's more readily
available from local stores and I prefer the push-in type with boots rath=
er
than the screw -in (you need jewellers screwdrivers for them pissant scre=
ws
in the cap)

New points and condensor.  Don't ask how much they cost - just keep buyin=
them from VB, etc
The points did have a tiny sponge wedged between two posts, presumably to=

hold a small amount of oil to lube the cam.  (The points from Pep Boys co=
me
with a tiny ampoule of grease.)

Well, regular viewers haven't bothered reading this far because they know=

what's coming.  All these new parts didn't make a squat of difference.

Tune in for the next episode, when Henry, the Big M.F. Hammer, makes a
guest appearance!