Re: Fall

To: saschris@flash.net
Subject: Re: Fall
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 1997 10:14:49 EDT
Hi Chris,
  I could not agree with you. The cars are useless if they are not
driven. They were not built as timeless automobiles, but as cheap and
chipper cars to be enjoyed. It's that character that causes them to be
timeless.  The great thing about them is that all the running gear pieces
that wear out, eventually, can be replaced fairly easily, so that keeps
them on the roads and in our hearts.
 Listers wrote a couple of weeks about the soul of MGs. I think that
whatever that indefinable quality is, it comes from the delight we have
driving the cars.
Bob
Raining and misting in CT, just as it is (or will be soon) in England