My poor midgets...

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: My poor midgets...
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@utk.edu>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 1997 12:59:06 -0400
Just an update on where I've been lately, in case anybody is interested!

I went and visited both my cars yesterday (i say "both" because in 1976
they were two different cars..now they are just remains of two different
cars) for the first time in a few months.  This project keeps getting
scarier and scarier!  The body-on-wheels is at the paint shop being
trimmed, where it has been for two months, because they keep firing
painters!  It must be nice to have a dry, dust free garage to paint your
own car!  Then again, it would take me this long to figure out how to
spray anyway!  The engine is in the shop waiting machining, where it has
been for two months...  When I finally got a list together and the parts
finally got ordered and shipped, UPS went on strike.  They finally
arrived and everybody went on vacation, then I found out my head was
cracked.  So that is in the shop.  Now the machine work is underway, the
body is almost ready to come home, and I felt the urge to visit the
parts car and my barn/garage (I don't get out there much when there
isn't anything to do to the cars because it is about a 45 minute drive
from my house through terrible traffic!)

A ground hog moved in and buried my gas tank, radiator,and most
everything else, vines grew down into my parts shelf, spiders have
covered every touchable inch of everything that didn't get buried by the
varmit.  The cover blew off the car and now the transmission got exposed
and is rusty (just the exposed surface that is normally housing the
clutch and flywheel and bolted to the back of the engine), and every
inch of the car is covered in spiders!  So much for having this thing
running by July!

But it seems I have talked my brother into donating the garage in the
house he just bought, and I am looking for a house too.  Oh for a
concrete floor and doors that close!  :-)  Anyway, hopefully I'll be
back in business shortly and posting away again!  The Black Tulip is
starting to look, well, interesting!  I guess I'd better head back to
work...

adrian
'75 Midget pieces
'76 Midget body