Re: british racing green

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, Rick Morrison <gofastmg@juno.com>
Subject: Re: british racing green
From: "Michael P. Ohleger" <mikeoh@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 09:12:36 -0400
Rick Morrison wrote:

> On Wed, 03 Sep 1997 21:23:45 -0400 "Michael P. Ohleger" <mikeoh@gte.net>
> writes:
> >MXMUG@aol.com wrote:
> >>
> >> who sells this color?
> >Any Auto Paint Supply or Moss Motors. There were actually two BRG
> >colors.  One was Medium Dark Green and the other was a yellow green.
> >
> >> is it a factorie color?
> >
> >Yes  GN 25 and GN29
> >> or is it a race team color
> >
> >Yes again.  It was originally used by Jaguar, I believe.
>
> SNIP
>
>   Michael,
>   Didn't the Bentlys use a dark green (BRG) in the 20's for their racing
> machinery? I don't think the term was British Racing Green then, but is
> was basically the same.
>   If, I'm mistaken, I'm sure someone will not hesitate to correct me.
> Rick Morrison
> 72 MGBGT
> 74 Midget

Rick,

I'm not sure.  I read an article in "Enjoying MG" that told the story of
how the color got the name.  MG used only two schemes, but Jag changed
from year to year.  I wasn't aware that Bentley chose a standard or
otherwise "correct" color for racing.  I'll research that and post the
finding to the thread.

Cheers

Michael Ohleger
'67 MGB