MG Tunes Vol. II

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MG Tunes Vol. II
From: Williams/MG Guy <mgguyc100@newedge.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 20:50:52 -0600 (MDT)
Quick! Hit delete you OFs!

You folks should lighten up a bit about list content - or get off! Cripes,
must there be such opinionated posturing.(That should ignite a few!)

Now, another great tune for the road - Twilight Zone/Golden Earing...or for
longer drives - perhaps Fragile/Yes, Tubular Bells/Mike Oldfield, Bridge of
Sighs/Robin Trower, Tales of Mystery and Imagination/Alan Parsons Project...

Dating m'self, I was amazed to discover that the album version of 'Long
Distance Runaround' by Yes, didn't fade out halfway through, like my ol'
8-track did!

With regards to younger MG enthusiasts..one night this past summer, while my
son was at his nightly swim team practice, I vaulted over to the shopping
center to pick up a few items. I parked the roadster w-a-a-a-ay off at the
unpopulated area of the parking lot, and upon my return, noticed a hoard of
16/17/18 year olds huddled about the roadster. I flashed through a number of
scenarios, included running up screaming and waving my arms in the air. I
chose the cool-stroll approach, and was greated with a chorus of 'cool car,
man', 'nice ride' and one lone - 'I just bought one'.

The gathering peeled back and a young man of 18 stepped forward to tell of
his '74. Chose it over as Mustang (there's always hope!), and is considering
a rolling restoration. A true neophite, he was amazed to learn of the
various parts outlets, clubs, organizations - even this web list.

It was such a pleasure to contribute to the 'torch passing', and makes me
believe that much like England - there'll always be MG enthusiasts..

Terry Williams
'70 BGT
'68 roadster