it wasn't the fuel pump, I am confused

To: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: it wasn't the fuel pump, I am confused
From: missouf@mail.utexas.edu (steffy)
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 15:38:05 -0500 (CDT)
I changed the fuel pump to a new one.  There still was no gas flow from the
fuel line which leads to the carb.
The, rummaging around the trunk, it was discovered that the 2 fuel lines
which run to and from the expansion tank (the evaporative loss lines:  the
vapor pipe line and the line to the expansion tank) were rotten, cracked,
tearing, and otherwise seemed to be the original parts that needed replacing
for fuel to circulate.  New fuel line was purchased and installed.   There
was still no gas flow from the fuel line which leads to the carb.

The line that comes out of the tank itself has not been checked; neither my
boyfriend nor myself can figure out how to get to it to check it.
Or, what else can be wrong?  What else can be checked?

stephanie
'77 MG Midget

          Salutation
                              ----Ezra Pound

O generation of the thoroughly smug
         and thoroughly uncomfortable,
I have seen fishermen picnicking in the sun,
I have seen them with untidy families,
I have seen their smiles full of teeth
        and heard ungainly laughter.
And I am happier than you are,