TD Brake Cylinders

To: "MG Digest" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TD Brake Cylinders
From: "Ernest C. Betts" <ebetts3@classic.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 97 15:19:09 UT
I too had stuck cylinders after 18 years of storage.  After trying the soaking
in liquid wrench for about 2 months, 125# air pressure for some period of
time, the grease gun attached to an old brake line,  I just drilled a 3/8"
hole in the steel piston cup, used a "large" screw extractor and wrench and it
came right out.  You can purchase new steel piston ends without having to buy
the whole cylinder which is very expensive for a TD since you need 2 per
wheel.

I did have a couple of spare cylinders to try my approach on.

Ernie
50 TD since 59