Re: BMW, Chrysler and Rover: NEW MINI LOOKS GREAT!

To: "hert@worldaccess.nl" <hert@worldaccess.nl>,
Subject: Re: BMW, Chrysler and Rover: NEW MINI LOOKS GREAT!
From: David Knowles <dknowles@uk.b-r.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 10:26:00 +0100
Peter said:

>>>Minimal MG-content: 11 month old boy now comes to tug at my arm, walks to
garage and says
'Vroom, vroom'. Insists on going for a drive around the neighbourhood,
standing on my knees
and turning the steering wheel himself. Girl (2) first wouldn't go near
the garage because I
started the B once with the garage doors closed, but now has to come
along because of
competition with little brother. I see a great future excuse for more
cars coming up, but for while
I'll have to hide the keys.

Peter
74B<<<

My girls - now age 4 and 6 - both knew how to recognise some MG's -
certainly the badges - by the age of 2. This was without particular
pressure from me - I guess they are just contantly exposed to MG badges
and pictures of the cars. Katie - the elder one - has been with me to
one or two events with MG connections, and she might yet get the bug. I
feel that it is sad when (family) people keep their MG interest to
themselves, locking others in their family out; the skill is getting the
family interested and not boring them senseless.

Only time will tell if I'm successful!