Gas tank sealer

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Gas tank sealer
From: Carol <car@texas.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 14:59:23 -0500
This subject gets hashed to death every quarter or so, but I never had need
to save the answers until today... :-)

Background:  (first paint me green with envy)

There's a new guy in AMGA. He has a 1961 MGA. Until he told me he had the
"funny horizontal tail lights," he didn't know he had a Mark II. ARRGGHHH!
He actually thought the DPO had made a modification. [Maybe I shoulda' told
him that the car was ruined for life and that he shoud unload it asap so he
didn't lose his investment in it! But I didn't...]

There's a clue in here somewhere, but until I told him, he had no idea what
a shop manual is or that one is available for the car... Oh, and it just
gets better...

Instead of getting the car running properly, he's worried about getting the
MarkII trim on the car...

OK. That's out of my system, for the moment.

He had his gasoline tank boiled out at a radiator shop, and  he is going to
re-install it on the car this weekend.

I asked him what the shop sealed the inside with, and he said "nothing." I
said I'd ask here because I thought the tank needed to be protected from
the inside.

Isn't it a better idea to seal the inside of the tank??

With what??

And how should the exterior be treated? I don't know what the radiator shop
did to the outside.

TIA

Carol