Compression test

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Compression test
From: Pat Bailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 18:38:46 -0700
Hi all,

Do you take compression tests at temp or cold?I was working on my B and
decided to
check the compression it was #1 145 #2 140 # 3 145 #4 145  but this was
cold should I take it again hot? Also I haven't had to adjust the valves
in 15000 mi they just stay the same!I've been thinking of selling it and
getting a GT I would like a GT as I have a 5 year old and he could ride
in the back.If SB 42 passes I'll look for a pre73 so I don't have to
fight the smog nazis!I saw a GT today that has been sitting out in the
desert for about 2 years it looked like it used to be candy apple
red....GAG!!...The owner wasn't there so I'll have to see if he wants to
get rid of it it will be a major job BUT if I can get it cheap i could
do it a bit at a time and keep my 79.I don't know why I'm getting the
hots for a GT lately but I am.I also saw a 75 roadster on a used car lot
on Lancaster for 2500 FIRM it didn't look too bad but would need paint
looked like no rust interior wasn't bad except for the usual split
dashboard and a split in the drivers seat.All the smog stuff is here I
didn't get a chance to start it ,if anyone is interested I'll go look
closer.I'm sure they would come down on price.Though I should tell him
it's worth $10,000 as per my thread !!
Pat 79 B