Re: Found one!

To: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Subject: Re: Found one!
From: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 12:07:40 -0500 (CDT)
ROBERT G. HOWARD writes:

> How do you know what it looks like without putting it up?  Did you ask
> Art if you could raise it for inspection, and complete the four-page
> affidavit that it would not be left up? That's what we want to know about
> a top on a car that's in warm Mississippi.

The top goes up under two distinct, but not mutually exclusive,
conditions:

1.  It's raining and the car's not moving, and/or

2.  I'm about to go to bed.

As regards the first, it rains a lot here in "warm Mississippi".  Worse,
it's very WET rain, with humidity well above 110%.

As regards the second, it prevents the WET morning dew from covering the
seats each morning.

Mississippi is very WET, you see.

Believe you me, the top goes DOWN each and every morning (but see Rule
#1 above).  In fact, I don't even latch the top at night, except for the
rear rail.

--

Todd Mullins
Todd.Mullins@nrlssc.navy.mil    On the lovely Mississippi (USA) Coast

'74 MGB Tourer with shiny chrome bumpers