Re: MG 1100

To: Don Collins <decolins@flash.net>
Subject: Re: MG 1100
From: "Paul C. McGinty" <pablito@io.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 12:19:57 -0500
Greetings all!

I just joined this group about a week ago and have been lurking since. I
have appreciated the threads. Especially about MGB engine lift points.
(I need to pull my engine due to a bad rear engine seal).

My first car years ago was the Morris Minor variant of the 1100. It was
a battleship gray 1963 model and had been parked for a number of years
and was not running. I was 14 and knew that I could get it going again.
I bought it for $50. I never did get it running but learned a lot about
cars and began a lifelong love of British cars.

The 1100's have a unique hydraulic suspension. I have no idea how easy
these are to repair or get parts for. My guess is that if the suspension
is bad its a major problem. Where in Austin is this car? (I'm also in
Austin).

Paul McGinty

'79 MGB roadster with 4 cats who have been in hiding since I joined this
group.