[Fwd: Re: MG World Mag]

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Fwd: Re: MG World Mag]
From: Ed & Kris Curtis <curtis@hayburn.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 17:03:01 -0500

--------------7F266B83064

ROBERT G. HOWARD wrote:

> Steve,
>  Kai wrote the article about cats, on page 31.  The reason that copies
> are being delayed is that the magazines are being inspected by the SPCA,
> and the offending page is being clipped out. If yours by chance escapes
> the mangling, it will be especially valuable in your collection and you
> will learn a lot about felines.
> Bob

Bob:

I picked up a copy of MG world in Cork, Ireland, and page 31 is involved
with MG Police Cars.  Nothing about cats at all. I guess like Playboy
Magazine, there are different versions in different countries.  OK guys,
remember, this is a G rated board.  By the way, the article including
page 31 was about an MGTC used by the Kent constabulary as a police car.

To make my fellow Americans green (I was in Ireland, remember) with
envy, the following:
During my recent business trip to Cork, Ireland, I took the time to stop
by TOP CAR in Victoria Cross and admire the MGFs (3) that were there.
While talking to the owner of the business, he asked if I would like to
take one out for a drive.  I guess he thought that since we were on an
island, that I could not go far.  After thinking about it for a nano
second, I grabbed the funny articulated keys and drove off.  What a joy
to drive.  They could sell a pile of them in the USA if they could get
them in.  They had a used 1997 with 7500 miles for 19,990 Irish pounds
(Punts) which is about $30,000.

The previous time I went there, they had only one 1996 which he drove
with me as a passenger.  A lot more fun to drive.

Ed Curtis
curtis@hayburn.com
1955 MGTF getting close to on the road.

--------------7F266B83064