Weber vs SU's

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Weber vs SU's
From: Tom Sotomayor <brg@mcs.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 20:51:01 -0500
My 79 MGB came with the DGV on it from the PO. Unfortunately it was not
jetted correctly....A handful of jets and two weeks later it's running
great and has more get up and go than any of the Stromberg equiped cars
I've ever driven - smoged or desmoged. "Generalized" jetting may be a
big reason why many don't like the Weber (besides being non original).
If you've got complaints about flat spots on acceleration, rough running
or idling, I'd bet money it needs to be properly jetted to YOUR car!
BTW, one reason I kept it on the car was to see if it would pass it's
annual emissions test - it did. Something it most likely wouldn't have
done with twin SU's. As far as SU's go - all of my other B's have SUs.
They are MY carbs of choice.
I don't know if I would have plunked down hard earned cash to buy a
brand new Weber and install it - but it does it's job well. I can't ask
for more than that! Just my $.02 worth.

'It's always easier to start a new project than to finish an old one'

Tom