Downhill Problem with Midget

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Downhill Problem with Midget
From: Mark Endicott <endicott@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 11:19:26 -0500
Last weekend I took the (1275) Midget to the Townsend MG Festival (600
mile round trip) and had a great time.  I did have a little problem that
is stumping me.  After an 8 mile uphill run in the Smokies I had a 8
mile downhill return trip.  I was in 4th gear going downhill and noticed
that the engine had died.  Well, I didn't really need it right then so
it was no big problem.  When I got to the bottom of the hill it started
right up again without me doing anything, the car was going about 40 MPH
in 4th gear.  I didn't worry about it much at the time but it happened
again last night on a much shorter downgrade.  I am assuming that it is
fuel related.  I have stock HS2's and it runs fine at other times.  The
fuel pump appears to work as it should.  The SU's have the Gross Jets
and the floats appear normal.  Any suggestions where to start looking?

Mark
70 Midget
Nashville