a few more questions

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, healeys@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: a few more questions
From: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 22:23:29 +0100
It's dark out and I don't have a garage, so maybe someone can answer this
question for me. I need to replace my speedo cable and reverse light switch
on my '68 Midget. Are these accessible without pulling the tranny (please
say yes :-)

All of the talk of wire wheels has made me think that maybe that annoying
pop that comes from the various 4 corners of my car (well 3 corners at the
moment) may be worn splines. I pulled the wheels off and they all look
relatively square (good?) as opposed to triangular (bad?) but I can wiggle
the wheel a bit 1/16" with the knockoffs off. Since I don't have *ANY* more
$$$$$ to sink into my car right now or in the forseeable future I was
wondering if anyone has had any luck with shimming the splines (other than
the guy who put bondo on his hubs) with thin copper or some other soft,
thin metal.

I'm contemplating setting up a charity to keep my car on the road. All of
your contributions will be tax deductiable. Please send checks, hubs, wire
wheels, seats, welders, pirellis, floor pans,  or money orders to:

Save Robert's Midget
1303 Vickers Ave
Durham NC.
27707