What is . . . ?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: What is . . . ?
From: "Jerry Causey" <reecau@whidbey.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 21:05:13 +0800
Does anyone know what Shell Ensis 260 fluid is (oil, grease, moly, snake-spit)?
What would be an equivalent product available in the US? The reason I ask is
that when I rebuilt my rear springs, I greased them lightly with bearing grease
containing a molybdenum sulfide additive. The Haynes manual specifies the Shell
product, which I never heard of. I've been worrying ever since that I may have
done them irreparable harm.

Thanks,

Jerry Causey - 1967 MGB GT
Whidbey Island, Washington, embraced by the Puget Sound
(fairly close to Seattle, and the rest of the USA)