Re: longest distance?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: longest distance?
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 01:30:37 -0400 (EDT)
My personal best pales in comparison to Al Moss and Jarl but I'm proud of
doing 3200 top down miles in the TA to the same GoF in Calgary...Oakland to
Calgary and return in about 12 days.  I think the solid front axle should get
some bonus points!!

Allow me to enter a couple of Aussie pals who are truly the long distance
kings or queens as the case may be....Ken McKimmie did an around Australia
trip in a ZB in
1990 and covered 12,000km (7600 miles).  A lot of it on dirt track.   In 1993
Harry and Deidre Pyle drove their TC from Perth to Sydney then shipped it to
the USA, drove it all over the US and Canada, shipped it to England then
Europe driving a total of 52,000 km or 31,200 miles in 207 days....This has
got to be the record for LBC's...any longer?  Both of these epic journeys are
covered in very interesting books.  Probably available from Britbooks.

Terry